Thursday, December 2, 2010

The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

I've just decided something. This blog is a waste of time. It's not like anyone reads it or anything and like geez I get it okay the only people who read this have jobs and better things to do I could put my efforts into something that I know people will like I want to have an audience my age I'll never get anywhere with my parents playing along with my little blog because they want to be somewhat involved in my life. I mean honestly he only reason I got a blog is cause I'm not allowed on facebook till march or something and once that happens
I'm never posing again. This is stupid and pointless. Nobody cares. I already have a backup plan about how to get people to read my stories and this time I can write what I wanna write about. When I blog I feel like I'm trapped in a little bubble I can't really write about what I want to. Goodbye for a while and when march comes goodbye forever. Feel free to comment, though I know you don't care enough to. I will read it.

7 comments:

  1. You sound very frustrated. I am very sad about that. Yes, I want to be involved in your life, but I also really DO enjoy reading your stories! What is your plan for getting a readership from your age group? I think that makes sense!
    Wrt your facebook plans: I think writing a blog and writing on facebook are totally different. I understand that you want to be 'hooked in' through facebook, although I am not so sure it is all good. My daughters have all moved away from facebook. They found it was too artificial! They don't like being judged by everyone or sharing everything with anyone any more. They don't like the tendency that many people have to collect 'friends' that aren't really friends at all. There are some things they like if for. For example, sending messages to friends, sharing photos and playing games.
    It seems to me that facebook is not a useful place to do what you do on a blog. A blog is more like a book or a journal. It is a little more personal than facebook. People actually sit down and read it. On facebook people just look. Do you really think that facebook will replace blogging for you? I hope not!
    Please don't underestimate the power of the story....or of YOUR stories! I don't believe that noone else reads them. I do believe that it takes time to build up a solid following though. For that, you have to keep writing! You don't have to write stories, although I certainly hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really think that One thousand three hundred and eighteen page views came from only 3 people besides you in only about 40 days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is more than 30 page views per day if you count every single day (and you didn't post every day)! Do the math!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you are so frustrated. I don't think that you can stop writing. It is a part of who you are. I have seen so much improvement in your writing in the short time that you have been blogging here. Please keep writing whether it is here or your own journal. I agree with Wendy, there are too many page views for it to be just us. Maybe some of those people are people your own age who are afraid to become followers or post comments. Keep your chin up old girl!! (said with a British accent) Things will get better and brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I have been so busy at work lately. That seems to be the only time I can check out the blog.

    Please don't stop writing your blog. This is an excellent way for you to show your story ideas to the world. People LOVE to read your stories (especially me); don't ever think they don't.

    I think you are a tremendously creative writer. Keep going. Noone said this process was easy. Especially when it comes to getting people to read your work.

    DON'T STOP!!! okay?!

    ReplyDelete